JIYSC offers soccer instruction for kids age 4 - 18. Our club is divided into four major programs that provide a challenging, yet fun experience for players of all abilities:
1. Micro Soccer (U5 - U8 Age Groups)
Micro Soccer program provides educational and developmental training for our youngest players, ages 4-8 boys and girls. The expectation for micro-soccer emphasizes the understanding of basic skills, while having lots of fun. JIYSC is very proud to offer training and instruction like no other micro soccer program in the Lowcountry. The concept behind micro-soccer is to allow more touches on the ball, by having small teams playing on small-sided fields. This is an in-house program run entirely at JIYSC, which is open to all children regardless of experience.
Through our partnership with GPS we are delighted that we can offer a curriculum that has been designed in conjunction with FC Bayern Munich. GPS are FC Bayern Munich official North America partner.
The South Carolina Youth Soccer Association (SCYSA) requires, for insurance purposes, that we have a copy of each player’s birth certificate on file for the season. All players will be required to turn in a copy of the birth certificate to their Team Manager or Coach prior to the start of the season. The start date for the 2016 Spring Season is 2/23 with registration closing 23:59pm 2/8.
Please note that the MICRO Fee is an all inclusive fee which includes:
- End of Season Jamboree
- GPS Collective Coaching
2. Club Soccer Program (U9 to U14 Age Groups)
Formerly known as Recreation Soccer, the JIYSC Club Program is designed to offer fun and active training. Teams are coached by volunteer licensed coaches, who participate in our coordinated training programs.
The goal of Club Soccer is to teach the FUNdamentals of soccer, develop individual and team skills, as well as prepare our players for league play, competing against teams from other clubs in the low country. JIYSC Club teams play in the Lower State Youth Soccer Association (LSYSA) competing against teams from other clubs, and may participate in local tournaments as determined by the team and parents. In addition to weekly team practices, players can receive individual, techinical training, to advance their ability to control the ball and improve footwork. Goalkeeper training is also provided to all Club Soccer teams by the JIYSC coaching staff. Club Soccer players who are ready, will advance to the Academy level when deemed appropriate by the club.
Why Club Soccer is a Better Way To Learn (Club Soccer vs. Recreation Soccer)
- Focus on higher-level grade of soccer (i.e. competitiveness, training, etc.)
- Oversight from a licensed, full-time D.O.C. (Director of Coaching)
- More experienced coaches (most coaches are licensed and have history of success as a player prior to coaching)
- Advanced Skills Training from professional training school (GPS - Separate Fee)
- Professional Uniforms Kit (not t-shirts)
- Higher level league play against other higher skill clubs
- Curriculum based training based on National Youth Soccer guidelines
- Tournament Play and Regional Travel in additional to league play
- Option to play higher level Academy soccer
- Professional evaluations and feedback on your child’s abilities
- Special Training Sessions (EX: goalie training, camps, and other sessions provided by the club) (GPS - Separate Fee)
- 3v3, indoor and other option options for more growth during off-season
- Friday Night Fun Nights and other special events to promote fun and learning.
3. Jr. Academy (U9 & U10 Age Groups) and Academy Soccer Program (U11 & U12 Age Groups)
Academy Soccer program is an advanced (and more competitive) step up from the Club Soccer Program, placing like-skilled players together in a player pool roster. Academy soccer players should expect an additional day of training/instruction, and will receive a paid, professional coach.
The JIYSC Academy teams play in the Coastal League, paired against teams from other clubs throughout the Charleston area. Each season, the Academy teams will participate in at least two (2) tournaments, and some travel will be required for those events. Player evaluations are required for this program.
4. Select Soccer Program (U13 - U18)
Select teams are for players that show an aptitude and desire to play at a more competitive level. The development of select players focuses on the technical, tactical, physical, and psychological aspects of the game in a fun and competitive environment. Select Soccer Programs Options Include:
Teams in the select program are coached by professional coaches and trainers, all with experience at the highest levels of collegiate and professional play. JIYSC fields Classic, Challenge and Premier level teams in the state’s Presidents Medal Soccer League (PMSL), the South Carolina State Challenge League (SCSCL) and in Region III Premier League.
- U13-U14 Classic (Fall & Spring)
- U15-U18 Classic (Fall only)
- U13-U14 Challenge (Fall & Spring)
- U15-U18 Challenge (Fall only)
NOTE: You should only be registering for an Academy or Select team if you were selected at tryouts or were directed by JIYSC staff.